Table of Contents
Information You Provide To Us: Visitor Information may include information that identifies or is reasonably capable of being associated with you personally (“Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”). We will collect Personally Identifiable Information about you when you voluntarily provide it to us (e.g., by completing our “Contact Us” form or when making a payment online). Visitor Information may include, among other things, your first and last name, your mailing address, your email address, your telephone number, and your payment card information. You can navigate through the Website without giving us Personally Identifiable Information.
Information We Collect Automatically: When you visit our Website, we automatically log your IP address, device, device MAC id, your Internet browser, your Internet service provider, the duration of your visit, and your domain type. We consider this information to be Non-PII Data when it cannot be reasonably be used to identify a particular individual.
Information Collected via Cookies, Web Beacons and Similar Technologies: We may also collect Visitor information in the following ways:
- Cookies. Similar to most website operators, we (and our service providers) use “cookies” to collect information about your visit to our Website and to manage information concerning your preferences. A cookie is a small encrypted computer code added to a file on your computer as a record of your visit. It does not collect or provide your name or any other personal information about you. It can, however, be used by this Website to note information about your visit, such as your type of web browser, operating system and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, to better tailor the site for you. It can also be used to recognize you when you return as a repeat visitor to our Website. Cookies do not allow the Website to access Personally Identifiable Information that you have not otherwise provided. You can control what cookies are accepted by your computer through the settings on your web browser or by deleting them from your computer. Doing so, however, may limit the personalization available to you.
- Clear GIFs. Like many websites, we (and/or our service providers) may use clear GIFs (also known as “web beacons,” “Internet tags,” or “pixel tags”). Clear GIFs are lines of code that allow websites to summarize overall visitor usage patterns and to provide personalized services. We may use clear GIFs, for instance, to track visitor preferences or to gather aggregated information about visitor usage patterns. We do not use clear GIFs to collect any Personally Identifiable Information about Visitors.
- Passive Automatic Electronic Collection. Like operators of most other websites, we (and/or our service providers) collect and log information automatically, either directly or through a third party service provider. For example, we collect your IP address, the name and location of your Internet service provider, the type and version of your browser, the length of time you visit the Website, your search queries on the Website, and the average number of pages you viewed. Logging your IP address does not by itself provide us with your name, e-mail address, or home or work address. We use this log information for systems administration purposes and for technical troubleshooting. We may also use it to gather general demographic information about you, such as your general location.
We use Personally Identifiable Information, as well as Non-PII Data collected from Visitors for several important purposes, including:
- to help us fulfill requests for information or communication;
- to protect the security of Visitors and this Website;
- to facilitate payment transactions for services;
- to help prevent fraud;
- to inform you about new products and services from us, our affiliates, or other companies we work with, as well as promotional offers;
- to provide you with a website and services of enhanced value to you; and
- to market and promote our products, services and websites.
We use Non-PII Data to improve Website services, to gauge the effectiveness of the Website, and to improve and enhance Visitors’ experiences on the Website.
Service Providers. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with our service providers. For example, we may use third party analytics services to collect data about Visitors to our site. These service providers are authorized to use your PII only as necessary to provide these services on our behalf, and we contractually require our service providers to maintain at least the same level of confidentiality for the Personally Identifiable Information we provide to them as we maintain for such information.
a4 may retain Personally Identifiable Information, Non-PII Data and other information collected through the Website for as long as is reasonable for the purposes for which it was collected unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
We follow industry-standard practices to protect information collected through the Website. Visitors’ Personally Identifiable Information is stored in a4 databases in physically secure facilities. Visitors’ financial and payment card information is transmitted via encrypted technology. If we share Visitor Information with a4 affiliates, the affiliate will follow similar practices to protect Personally Identifiable Information collected through the Website.
Any information transmitted over the Internet may be subject to breaches of security. Although we follow commercially reasonable practices to securely store the information we collect and to work with responsible third parties, we cannot guarantee these practices will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose such information.
If you wish to opt-out of marketing or promotional email communications from a4, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages that are required to provide you with our services.
This Website is not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have received Personally Identifiable Information of a child under 13, we will delete the information from our records.
Individuals who reside in California and who have provided their Personally Identifiable Information to the Website may request information regarding disclosures of this information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at the following address:
a4 Media & Data Solutions, LLC
One Court Square, 47th Floor
Long Island City, NY 11120
Such requests may be made only once each calendar year. We may not respond to requests sent to addresses other than the one shown above.
a4 is an advanced advertising, technology and data analytics company which provides audience-based, multiscreen advertising solutions to local, regional and national businesses and advertising clients. a4’s target audiences are based, in part, on data collected from public sources, licensed or purchased from third parties, or provided to us by our Clients.
The a4 platform interfaces with ISP partners (“Partners”) to match a4 Data sets with Partner data using a doubleblind privacy technique that removes consumer specific information and creates aggregated sets of anonymized IP addresses linked to specific target audience segments. Cookie based audiences are created by interfacing with our cookie match partners to onboard and match a4 Data sets with online IDs.
Apart from the a4 platform, a4 also facilitates Client social media marketing campaigns, including via Facebook, Instagram, and other social media sites.
Offline Data Sources. Opting-out of telemarking and direct mail lists will help prevent your information from being included in lists we license from third parties in connection with our a4 Data. You can visit the following site to learn more about those opt outs: https://dmachoice.thedma.org/.
Cookie-based advertising. If you would like to opt-out of cookie-based digital advertising generally, the most effective way to do so is via the opt-out mechanisms made available by advertising industry groups, in particular those offered by the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA“). To implement your opt-out choices under the NAI and DAA programs, please visit the NAI Opt-Out Page and the DAA Opt-Out Page.
Authenticated IP Address Audiences. Review your cable/internet service provider’s privacy policies to learn how to opt out of IP address-based targeted advertising.
Email. If you wish to opt-out of marketing or promotional email communications from a4, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages that are required to provide you with our services.
a4 Media & Data Solutions, LLC
One Court Square, 47th Floor
Long Island City, NY 11120
For other privacy inquiries, please Click Here
Effective: September 20, 2019